Film Entry 2014
Thank you for your interest in entering a film in the program of the 49th Karlovy Vary IFF 2014.
Regular submission is free of charge. The KVIFF Program Department must receive your completed and printed online Film Entry form and DVD screener postmarked by March 10, 2014.
After March 10, 2014 your film can be submitted as a late entry which is subject to a submission fee. In that case, the KVIFF Program Department must receive your completed and printed online Film Entry form and DVD screener postmarked by March 31, 2014 and pay the appropriate submission fee:
- feature-length films and feature-length documentaries - €50 per film
- short documentaries - €30 per film
The film you wish to enter must meet the following general requirements:
- Production of the film submitted for participation must have been completed within the twelve months prior to the starting date of the Festival.
- Submitted films must not have been released anywhere (including festival screenings, DVD release, or television or internet broadcast) more than twelve months prior to the starting date of the Festival.
Further regulations for each category are:
Submitted feature-length films:
- must not have been released (including festival screenings, DVD release, or television or internet broadcast) outside its country of origin before September 1, 2013 (i.e. the film did not have its international premiere before September 1, 2013).
- must be over 60 minutes in length.
Submitted feature-length documentary films:
- must not have been released (including festival screenings, DVD release, or television or internet broadcast) outside its country of origin before January 1, 2014 (i.e. the film did not have its international premiere before January 1, 2014).
- must be over 60 minutes in length.
Submitted short documentary films:
- must be under 30 minutes of length.
The Festival does not accept submissions of short and medium-length fiction films (up to 60 minutes) or medium-length documentaries (30-60 minutes). In addition, any films which are solely promotional, educational or scientific in nature are not eligible for selection by the Festival.
(If you are interested in entering a short feature in the Prague Shorts Film Festival (www.pragueshorts.com) contact firstname.lastname@example.org.)
How to enter a film
1. Read through the festival regulations for information regarding the presentation of a film at the festival. Films are screened at the festival in competitive and noncompetitive sections.
2. Complete the online Film Entry form.
- You must log in to complete the form. Register here if you do not have login information.
- If you are submitting a late entry, the submission fee must be paid by the credit card.
3. Send us a DVD screener and the printed Film Entry form.
- If your film is in a language other than Czech or English, the DVD screener must be provided with Czech or English subtitles.
- Please clearly indicate if the submitted screener is the final version or a work-in-progress.
- Program Department does not accept online screeners!
Send the DVD screener and the printed online Film Entry form to the following address:
Film Servis Festival
110 00 Prague 1
State the following on the envelope or package:
NO COMMERCIAL VALUE, FOR CULTURAL PURPOSES ONLY
Film selection for the program of the Karlovy Vary IFF 2014
We will inform you via email upon receipt of the DVD of your film.
You will be informed of the final film selection by the end of May 2014 at the latest.
If your film is selected we will send you an official festival entry form.
The selection committee is headed by artistic director Karel Och. Selection committee members are artistic consultant Eva Zaoralová, programmers Ivana Novotná, Lenka Tyrpáková, and Viktor Palák, and program department assistants Anna Purkrábková, Martin Horyna and Hubert Poul.
If you have any questions, contact us by email at email@example.com
|Supported by||General partner||Main partners|