Docs in Progress 2018
Producers and directors from the countries of Central and Eastern Europe, the Balkans,
the former Soviet Union and the Middle East come to this event to introduce new documentary films that will premiere after the Karlovy Vary IFF.
Docs in Progress 2018 will take place on Tuesday, July 3
Producers have up to 8 minutes to present each project, including a teaser from the film. Following a panel discussion, we assist interested visitors of the Docs in Progress programme to set up individual meetings with the presenters to get more information about their projects.
The most promising project of Docs in Progress 2018 will receive a cash award in a total value of 5 000 EUR.
A maximum 8 films will be presented from the following countries:
Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Moldavia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
The following countries will also be eligible for the 2018 edition of Docs in Progress: Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, the United Arab Emirates and Yemen.
Do you want to participate in Docs in Progress 2018?
Producers and directors interested in having their film included in Docs in Progress 2018 must apply by no later than Monday, May 14, 2018.
Your film must meet the following requirements:
- the film must be in late stage of production, post-production or just finished and should aim for the premiere by the end of 2018
- the film must be over 60 minutes in length
- the film must not yet have an international sales agent
- the project must not have been presented at an event featuring documentary films nearing completion (but it might have participated in training programmes or at pitchings etc.)
- chosen participants will provide three short film excerpts of max. 2 minutes each with English subtitles that will be included in the presentation
- excerpts which will be presented in Karlovy Vary must be submitted in the required format via an online storage site by no later than June 10, 2018
To entry your project, please fill the submission form and attach these materials:
- a link (Vimeo or YouTube) to a trailer or one short scene of max. 5 minutes
- a link (Vimeo or YouTube) to a rough-cut footage of max. 20 minutes
- other materials, eg. press kit
Trailers provided with English subtitles insert as a link (YouTube nebo Vimeo) straight into the Submission form.
Please submit your film as soon as possible. The KVIFF selection committee will announce its decision at the beginning of June. If your film is selected, you will receive detailed information about the presentation and about your stay at the festival.
Submissions for 2018 are already closed.