Eurimages Lab Project Award
For the very first time, this award will be given at Karlovy Vary IFF to the most promising film project. Eurimages wishes to invest in new forms of cinematographic expression, often at the cross-road of other art forms.
Eurimages Lab 2016 will take place on Monday, July 4, as an addition to the traditional
KVIFF Works in Progress
Producers or directors have up to 10 minutes to present each project, which includes two short excerpts from the film. Following the panel, we assist interested visitors of the programme to set up individual meetings with the presenters to get more information about their projects. Excerpts from the presented films will be available in the video library
The award for the most promising project is EUR 50 000.
8 films will be presented from the following countries:
Albania, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, “The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia”, Turkey
The most promising project will be chosen by the international jury consisting of Karin Schockweiler (Film Fund of the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg), Kim Yutani (Sundance Film Festival) and Meinolf Zurhorst (ARTE).
Eligibility and submission
Producers and directors who are interested in Eurimages Lab Project Award 2016 have to submit their projects until Saturday May 14, 2016, at the latest.
Your film must compel with the following criteria:
- the film has to be made outside the standard rules of filmmaking, both dramaturgically and/or production-wise
- the film must be in production or postproduction and its premiere must be planned after the Karlovy Vary IFF
- film excerpts or trailers included in the presentation must not exceed 5 minutes in length in total and must include English subtitles
- the project must not yet have been presented in a similar event
- excerpts must be submitted in the required format via an online storage site by no later than June 15, 2016.
How to submit a film?
Submissions are already closed.
- web Eurimages