- The town of Karlovy Vary is located 130 km west of Prague near the German border
- The Hotel Thermal is the festival’s main venue, where you will find most festival services (accreditation center, accommodation agency counters, box offices, information center, movie theaters, festival offices)
- Festival movie theaters and accommodation facilities are located downtown in the pedestrian zone connecting Hotel Thermal to Grandhotel Pupp, and in the immediate surroundings
Getting to Karlovy Vary:
Air Marine Travel & Incentive s. r. o. Travel Agency
An official partner of the Karlovy Vary IFF that can make sure you arrive at the festival as comfortably as possible. They can provide:
- Airline, bus, and train tickets, car rentals and shuttles
- They can also arrange other activities while you’re at the festival, including trips in and around Karlovy Vary
Mobile: +420 606 774 005
You may also reserve airline tickets online: http://www.letenky.airmarine.cz
- Handling fee: only 400 CZK (or 15 EUR) per person per flight
- E tickets will be sent directly to your email address
For more information contact:
Tel. +00420 224 323 073
- Flights to the Czech Republic usually arrive at Václav Havel Airport in Prague
- You may also use the Karlovy Vary airport (where flights regularly arrive from Russia and Turkey): http://www.airport-k-vary.cz/cs/
From Prague’s Václav Havel Airport to Karlovy Vary:
- By bus every hour from 7 AM to 10 PM http://jizdenky.studentagency.cz/
- By bus or train from downtown Prague (take public transportation from the airport)
Train and bus
- Karlovy Vary’s bus and train stations are a 15-minute walk from Hotel Thermal. If you are coming from Prague, bus travel is faster.
- Map of downtown Karlovy Vary
Take note! Many hotels, including Hotel Thermal, are located in the pedestrian zone. Confirm that parking is available with your hotel staff.
You can also use public parking:
near Thermal Hotel:
Parking on Nábřeží Jana Palacha
Tržnice Parking, Varšavská Sreet/ulice
Underground garage, nám. Dr. Milady Horákové 2039
Parking at Horní nádraží, Nákladní Street/ulice
near Grandhotel Pupp:
Galerie parking, Goethova stezka 1215/6
Transportation at KVIFF
Festival Bus Shuttle
- Visitors of the festival can use three shuttle services during the festival free-of-charge. The buses connect accommodation sites with specific cinemas.
- Lines operate from June 28 to July 6, 2013.
- The timetables are designed so that buses arrive at the film venues in time for screenings.
- The Thermal hotel bus stop is located in front of the hotel in the direction to the colonnade (behind the stand Jameson Festival Lounge).
- Timetables are available at the Information Desk too.
Festival Rental of Specialized bicycles
Rental regulations for Specialized festival bikes during the 48th Karlovy Vary IFF:
Specialized bicycles are the official bikes of the entire film festival and will be available at these three locations: Hotel Pupp, Festival campsite - Rolava, Hotel Thermal.
You may rent and return bicycles at any of these three locations. With each bike rented you will also receive a bike helmet and bike lock.
You may rent Specialized bicycles daily between the hours of 8 AM and 11 PM; on the last day of the festival, rental hours will be from 8 AM to 8 PM.
All accredited festival visitors may rent Specialized bicycles upon presentation of their Festival Pass or accreditation card and valid ID.
Bicycles may be rented for up to 4 hours. The first hour is free; each subsequent hour (or partial hour) costs 100 crowns.
For more information call: + 420 773 536 068 - Ski and Bike Cener Radotín.
If you are tired or enjoyed a drink or two, this taxi will take you, your car and even your friends all the way home (additional seats in the service car are free-of-charge). Also available as regular taxi.
Prices: flat rate 160 CZK up to 5 km, flat rate 300 CKZ up to 10 km outside of Karlovy Vary or CZK 25/Km.
Friday, June 28 to Saturday, June 29, 2013: 19:00 - 06:00
Sunday, June 29 to Wednesday, July 3, 2013: 19:00 - 03:00
Thursday, July 4 to Saturday, July 6, 2013: 19:00 - 06:00
|Supported by||General partner||Main partners|