June 15, 2011, 12:06 PM
The films selected for the program of the 46th Karlovy Vary IFF 2011 have been announced. The festival will screen 179 feature films. The majority of the movies were shot within the past year and audiences will have a chance to see them in the Czech Republic for the first time. 21 films will be presented at Karlovy Vary as world premieres, 25 international and 16 European premieres. 54 films are debuts.
Official Selection – Competition of Feature Films
Only films made after January 1, 2010 may be included; the films are presented as world, international or European premieres.
East of the West – Films in Competition
New feature-length films from Central and Eastern Europe.
Documentary Films in Competition
Both short (under 30 minutes) and feature-length (over 30 minutes)
Forum of Independents
Independent films from around the world compete for the Independent Camera Award presented in association with Czech Television
Find out more about the movies selected for the non-competitive categories in the online festival catalogue:
- Greece and Turkey join the East of the West November 1, 2013, 1:25 PM
- VIDEO: And the winners are… July 7, 2013, 5:00 AM
- VIDEO: The final cut of the 48th KV IFF July 6, 2013, 10:00 PM
- VIDEO: KVIFF Talks - Master Class with Oliver Stone July 6, 2013, 8:36 PM
- VIDEO: Friday´s Festival Highlights July 6, 2013, 8:29 PM
- 48th Karlovy Vary IFF Awards July 6, 2013, 8:00 PM
- The Closing Ceremony of the 48th MFF Karlovy Vary July 6, 2013, 7:41 PM
- From Festival to Movie Theaters July 6, 2013, 6:00 PM
- VIDEO: Interview with Nebojša Slijepčević July 6, 2013, 5:19 PM
- Non-Statutory Awards Ceremony July 6, 2013, 5:10 PM
|Supported by||General partner||Main partners|