Things to do at the Festival on June 30, 2012
June 30, 2012, 6:00 AM
ČEZ ENERGY FEST a další doprovodné programy na dnešnToday, you can look forward to the 4th CEZ Energy Fest, a concert of top Czech bands at Postovni Dvur. This one-day festival organized by CEZ will be open to all Festival Pass holders from 13:00 until the wee hours of the morning. Guests will include Anna K & Band, Miro Žbirka, Chinaski or Support Lesbiens.
Thermal’s conference hall, normally reserved for press conferences, will host debate “Why do Pirates Steal Films?” from 11:30. The event will be translated into Czech and English.
Made in Ash, by young Slovak director Iveta Grofova, will start at 13:00 at Pupp Cinema. The film opens the festival’s competition program East of the West. Do not miss the world premiere of the remastered copy of The Firemen’s Ball, the Czech New Wave’s cult film of, at 14:00 at the Grand Hall. The screening will include a ten-minute documentary with director Milos Forman, cameraman Miroslav Ondricek and non-actors from Vrchlabi remembering the making of the film.
Review the events of the past 15 years with the News Photo 2012 exhibition at the Na Ochozu Gallery on Vridelni colonnade (opens at 16:00) and don’t forget to visit A Chair for your Lair – the best of Ton at Supermarket WC Gallery on nam. Republiky.
Chung Kuo-Cina by celebrated neo-realistic director Michelangelo Antonioni will be screened at 19:30 at Lazne III. This minimalist, yet 217 minutes long, film comes highly recommended by festival’s Artistic Consultant Eva Zaoralova. At the Midnight Screenings, Italian director Dario Argento will introduce his 3D film Dracula at Cas.
This year’s Main Competition starts today with Portuguese-Finnish philosophical western Hay Road followed by Norway’s Henrik at 20:00. The press conferences for the competition films start at 14:00 (Hay Road) and 15:00 (Henrik) at Thermal’s conference hall. Accredited journalists have priority at press conferences, but any free seats will be open to Festival Pass holders. If funk or hip-hop is your thing, don’t miss Saturday Night Fever at Aeroport (Divadelni nam.) at 21:00.
For complete program click here.
- Jerry Schatzberg coming to Karlovy Vary May 23, 2013, 1:30 PM
- Karlovy Vary festival to present a profile of Kurdish cinema May 23, 2013, 1:30 PM
- Press Conference in Prague April 23, 2013, 2:15 PM
- Karlovy Vary Festival to award Oliver Stone April 23, 2013, 12:07 PM
- Agnieszka Holland appointed president of the jury for the 48th Karlovy Vary IFF April 23, 2013, 12:06 PM
- The Karlovy Vary Festival will honor Oscar-winner, Theodor Pištěk April 23, 2013, 12:05 PM
- Industry activities planned for KVIFF 2013 April 23, 2013, 12:00 PM
- Legendary film critic Roger Ebert has died April 5, 2013, 5:20 PM
- Karlovy Vary IFF to present exclusive retrospective of Borderline Films March 11, 2013, 10:00 AM
- Prague Short Film Festival January 11, 2013, 12:36 PM
|Supported by||General partner||Main partners|