Numbers, figures, statistics
July 7, 2012, 11:10 AM
As of Saturday morning, the 47th Karlovy Vary IFF welcomed 11 459 visitors including 9 584 Festival Pass holders, 405 filmmakers, 803 film professionals and 667 journalists. Film fans bought 121 022 single tickets and saw 218 films including 34 short films and 56 documentaries. Twenty three films had their world, 35 international and 8 European premiere at this year’s festival. The fact the festival screened 56 debuts shows it is determined to support beginning filmmakers. The festival also included 61 films looking for international sales agents.
Seventy two films were screened from 35 mm copies, 82 from DCP, 35 from HDcam, 26 from DigiBety and 3 from blue ray. Several films that were screened more than once were screened in various formats.
As of Friday morning, festival visitors rented 3 945 bikes, but you will have to wait for the day record of rented Specialized bikes until 20:00, because the number is the subject of a guessing game.
The information booth at Thermal registered about 50 lost items.
On Saturday morning the festival Facebook page had 18 327 fans and the official Czech Twitter account was followed by 1 027 people and the English account by 218 fans.
- Press Conference in Prague April 23, 2013, 2:15 PM
- Karlovy Vary Festival to award Oliver Stone April 23, 2013, 12:07 PM
- Agnieszka Holland appointed president of the jury for the 48th Karlovy Vary IFF April 23, 2013, 12:06 PM
- The Karlovy Vary Festival will honor Oscar-winner, Theodor Pištěk April 23, 2013, 12:05 PM
- Industry activities planned for KVIFF 2013 April 23, 2013, 12:00 PM
- Legendary film critic Roger Ebert has died April 5, 2013, 5:20 PM
- Karlovy Vary IFF to present exclusive retrospective of Borderline Films March 11, 2013, 10:00 AM
- Prague Short Film Festival January 11, 2013, 12:36 PM
- High decoration for Eva Zaoralová November 28, 2012, 8:30 PM
- Galina Kopanyeva October 19, 2012, 12:08 PM
|Supported by||General partner||Main partners|