Rules for Visitors – 55th Annual Karlovy Vary International Film Festival, 2020
Welcome to the 55th Annual Karlovy Vary International Film Festival ("KVIFF"). We hope that KVIFF will be a pleasant experience for you and all other visitors. To this end, we hereby request that you agree to and accept the rules for visitors set out below. The primary purpose of these rules is to ensure security and fire safety, as well as to protect people’s health and property on festival grounds. For the purposes of these rules for visitors, the festival grounds (the "grounds") shall mean all public spaces where the festival cinemas are located, where services related to KVIFF are provided and arranged and where accompanying events are held, as well as all other premises that are labelled as the premises of KVIFF organisers and partners.
KVIFF visitors are obliged to behave on the grounds in a way that does not pose a danger to the safety, health and property of third parties or to the equipment and facilities located on the grounds. KVIFF visitors are also obliged to observe the instructions and orders of the organiser’s staff and other persons authorised by the organiser, as well as the instructions and orders of the emergency services, the Karlovy Vary Municipal Police and the employees of the fire rescue, medical and security services.
KVIFF visitors are prohibited from:
- Smoking in all indoor spaces on the grounds, unless indicated otherwise
- Entering the grounds under the influence of alcohol or other narcotics, psychotropic substances and other substances with psychoactive effects
- Bringing any animals, except for assistance dogs for the handicapped, into indoor spaces on the grounds
- Using mobile phones or any recording devices during any screening or event at KVIFF (an “event”)
- Disturbing an event by talking loudly or acting at variance with good manners
- Using emergency exits intended exclusively for evacuation
- Using speech at variance with good morals, especially vulgar, violent or racist expressions
- Bringing weapons of any kind onto the grounds, as well as any items that can be used as weapons to cut, stab or strike
- Bringing explosive, combustible, toxic or corrosive substances as well as any other harmful substances and poisons
- Setting off or launching any fireworks on the grounds or starting fires
- Bringing materials onto the grounds that promote organisations or persons that are not official KVIFF partners or organisers
- Bringing materials onto the grounds that promote a political party or movement, or any other political materials
- Destroying or damaging any equipment or furnishings located on the grounds, which includes defacing them with writing, stickers or spray paint
- Intentionally damaging security and firefighting equipment, as well as water and electricity distribution systems
- Making any audio or visual recordings for purposes other than private purposes without the organiser’s prior written consent
- Taking part in an event if under the age limit stipulated by the producer or distributor of the audio-visual work. For this purpose, visitors are obliged to present documentation proving that they comply with age restrictions if asked to do so by the organiser or authorised staff.
Liability for damage:
- Visitors enter and use the grounds at their own risk and are obliged to act in a way that will not pose a threat to anyone’s health or property, even their own. The organiser shall not assume liability for any harm to health or property caused by one visitor to another regardless of whether such harm was intentional or unintentional.
- Visitors are obliged to store their personal property in those locations designated by the organiser. The organiser shall not be liable for any lost items not stored in designated areas. Items stored outside designated areas may be removed by the organisers or authorised persons; such items will be handled in line with generally valid legal regulations.
- The organiser is authorised to seize from visitors those items that caused harm to the organiser’s or any third person’s health or property.
The rules set out in these rules for visitors may be supplemented with additional rules pertaining to individual events organised on the grounds. Visitors are obliged to allow the organiser or other authorised persons (especially security services) to check compliance with the rules for visitors. Visitors who break any of the rules set out herein will be asked by the organiser or other authorised persons to leave the grounds or certain parts of the grounds. A visitor is obliged to vacate the grounds if asked to do so by the organiser or a person authorised thereby. The festival grounds are monitored.
By attending the 55th Karlovy Vary IFF and entering any area where it is organized, each visitor is expressing his or her consent to the recording and unlimited use of his or her image and of audio, visual, and/or audio-visual recordings of his or her expressions of a personal nature of any kind for the purpose of standard documentation and promotion of the Karlovy Vary IFF, as well as for the needs of organizer cooperation with partners and supporters of the Karlovy Vary IFF, including fulfilling obligations to them. More at http://www.kviff.com/en/about-the-festival/personal-data-protection.
Prague, February 24, 2020
Organizer KVIFF: Film Servis Festival Karlovy Vary, a.s., registered office: Panská 892/1, 110 00, Prague 1, ID: 25694545, company registered in the Commercial Register:
Prague Municipal Court, Section B, Insert 5552