Opening and closing ceremonies and parties
Tickets are required for admittance to the opening and closing ceremonies. Due to the limited capacity in the hall, the festival organisers reserve the right to select the individuals invited to the opening and closing ceremonies. The organisers reserve the right to deny admittance to ticket holders who fail to respect the formal dress code.
- Press accreditation does not entail automatic access to tickets to the opening and closing ceremonies
- personal tickets for journalists will be available at the Protocol desk in the accreditation area of the Thermal Hotel prior to the start of the event
- tickets must be collected at least one hour prior to the start of the event (uncollected tickets will automatically be invalidated and given to other visitors)
- the opening and closing ceremonies are simultaneously translated into English (headphones are available at the entrance to the hall)
Television crews and photographers will be admitted to the KVIFF opening and closing ceremonies and subsequent parties on the basis of a special accreditation card for these events.
- the deadline for issuing special accreditation will be announced via SMS service and posted in the KVIFF press centre
- accreditation will be provided for accredited photographers and crews on the day of the event in the PR department
- accreditation is only valid when accompanied by a festival PRESS accreditation card, and its validity is limited
- accreditation is numbered and non-transferrable
Due to the limited capacity in the hall in which the opening and closing ceremonies are held, the number of special accreditations is limited. The organisers reserve the right to confer or deny accreditation.
Entry to other parties and social events
The Karlovy Vary IFF does not organize other social events besides the gala opening and closing. Other social events are organized by other independent entities – sponsors, film distributors, media, etc. – whose representatives invite guests in accordance with their own criteria.
- the press department provides the organizers of these events with a list of journalists accredited at the festival but it is in no way authorized to decide who will attend the events in question
- the organizers of social events use the festival’s Protocol desk to distribute invitations
- the festival Protocol desk merely distributes invitations; the decision on whom to invite rests exclusively with the organizers
- the Protocol desk is located in the accreditation hall of the Thermal Hotel