Works in Progress
Producers and directors from Central and Eastern Europe, the Balkans, Greece and Turkey and the former Soviet Bloc come to this event to introduce new films that will premiere after the Karlovy Vary IFF. The best project will receive an award 100 000 EUR.
Works in Progress 2018 will take place on Monday afternoon, July 2, jointly with Eurimages Lab Project Award
Producers have up to 10 minutes to present each project, including a teaser from the film. Following a panel discussion, we assist interested visitors of the Works in Progress programme to set up individual meetings with the presenters to get more information about their projects. Additional teasers from the presented films will be available in the video library.
A maximum 8 films will be presented from the following countries:
Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Moldavia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
The most promising project will be chosen by the international jury consisting of Maria Giannattasio (Directorate-General for Cinema), Cedomir Kolar (A.S.A.P. Films) a Susana Santor Rodrigues (VAIVEM).
WORKS IN PROGRESS @KVIFF introduces the new 100,000 EUR Award
With this year’s edition of WORKS IN PROGRESS @KVIFF, its sponsors aim to promote Czech Republic as a destination for film production and post production. The 2017 award, in a total value of 100.000 EUR, is combining post-production services and a cash award.
The recipient of this year’s award will receive from our partners UPP, Soundsquare and Barrandov Studio an award package that will enable a completion of their film throughout the post production stage. This postproduction package includes:
Picture postproduction at UPP:
- 8 days of colour grading
- 2 days of online from camera original files
- Production of all video outputs required for audio production in Soundsquare company
- Animation of end credits
- Final master production including laying back sound delivered by Soundsquare company
- Estimated value of 60.000 EUR
Audio postproduction at Soundsquare:
- 12 days of mixing in 5.1 or 7.1 format
- 1 day of down-mixing for TV use (5.1 or 2.0 in EBU R128 standard)
- Creation of final mix masters for DCP and TV production
- Digital delivery of final sound masters to UPP
- Estimated value of 30.000 EUR
Cash award of 10.000 EUR from Barrandov Studio.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
The in-kind services by UPP and Soundsquare can only be used for the completion of the awarded project within a period of one year. It will not be possible to claim these services for a different project or to expect completion after
17. Requests for different types of postproduction services will be considered individually, but cannot be granted. Awarded in-kind services listed above that are not claimed cannot be interchanged or replaced. Our partners have the right to demand a specific quality level of the film material that is needed before services can be offered. A winning project, which does not claim any or some of the postproduction services, is still eligible for the cash award of 10.000 EUR.
All representatives of projects selected for the WORKS IN PROGRESS @KVIFF 2016 presentation will be invited to take part in an excursion through the partners’ studio on Sunday, July 3rd, prior to their arrival to Karlovy Vary. KVIFF and the partners will cover accommodation in Prague and arrange all necessary logistics. Attendance to this excursion is conditional for all selected projects in order to be presented at KVIFF. KVIFF and Partners reserve the right to change or alter these conditions in cases of any unforeseen circumstances.
More info about our partners www.upp.cz, www.soundsquare.cz, www.barrandov.cz
Submissions are already closed.