Services for journalists
Holders of press accreditation can take advantage of the following services.
Open daily throughout the festival from 9am to 9pm on the 1st floor of the Thermal Hotel.
Feel free to come to the press department should you have any questions regarding your accreditation, information about the festival or setting up interviews with festival guests.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open daily throughout the festival from 8am to 10pm on the 1st floor of the Thermal Hotel.
Technical facilities for working at the festival
- laptops with internet access
- connectors for your own laptop
- copy machine
- information on using other services
Assistance with other service
- information on events and changes at the festival
- acceptance of requests for individual interviews
- inclusion on the mailing list for newsletters and the SMS service
- mediating contact with other festival departments
- distribution of press releases and press kits
We offer accredited journalists a free SMS service to provide up-to-date information on events during the festival (changes to press screenings, press conferences, accompanying events, arrivals of film stars, etc.).
Indicate on the accreditation form whether or not you wish to receive the text messaging service, or send a request to email@example.com (provide your mobile phone number and state whether you wish to receive the text messages in Czech or English), or come to the press centre in Karlovy Vary in person.
If you want to be certain you don’t miss out on any news, press releases or important notices, sign up for the newsletter at firstname.lastname@example.org or mark the relevant column on the online accreditation form.
- daily in the press hall on the ground floor of the Thermal Hotel (the organisers reserve the right to make changes); access requires a Press accreditation card
- simultaneously translated; headphones will be available at the entrance, technicians will be on hand in the hall to help connect recording devices
- the tentative program will be available in the Press Conferences section and during the course of the festival in the Press Centre (the program is continuously updated through the daily plans
- in order to avoid frequency overlap and reception interference at press conferences it is necessary to minimise the number of extraneous wireless microphones on the conference table. We ask that you please make use of the audio distribution equipment available in the press hall (a Canon XLR connector is required for access)
Interviews, press junkets, KVIFF talks
Requests for individual interviews with festival guests or organisers are accepted:
- via email@example.com
- at the press centre
- in the press department
Filling out a request does not automatically ensure an individual interview or participation in a round table. All requests for interviews will be processed and we will inform you in advance of their feasibility. We would point out that individual interviews may be limited and will be organised in some cases in “round table” format.
Another opportunity for meeting guests is though the KVIFF talks.
Photographers have designated times and locations for shooting:
- before the start of a press conference
- before the festival opening and closing ceremonies
- during the festival opening and closing ceremonies in the first row of the Grand Hall at the Thermal Hotel
- on the red carpet at the entrance to the Grand Hall at the Thermal Hotel
Photographers can be informed of the arrival of select guests through the SMS service.
The video library is located on the 1st floor of the Thermal Hotel.
- access permitted with a Press accreditation card
- reservations can be made for up to 3 hours for the same day or next day
- reservations will expire 10 minutes after the arranged time
- opening hours:
- 29.6. 12am – 6pm
- 30.6. - 6.7. 9am –10pm
- 7.7. 9am – 2pm
Video and audio service
The press department and the press centre staff will be happy to help you with the following requests:
- hiring of TV and audio equipment and possibly a crew
- use of audio and visual materials from the festival
- processing your filmed materials (editing bays, transcriptions)
- distribution of film teasers