How to submit a film
All information concerning the presentation of a film at the festival can be found in the
Festival’s Rules and Regulations. At
the Festival, films are screened in competitive and
- Complete the online Film Entry form
- Previously registered users must be logged in to complete the form. Register here if you do not have your personal login information.
- Pay the submission fee by debit or credit card.
- Early bird submission (by December 8, 2023) is subject to a submission fee of €50 per film.
- Regular submission (December 9, 2023 – February 29, 2024) is subject to a submission fee of €70 per film.
- Late submission (March 1 – March 31, 2024) is subject to a submission fee of €90 per film.
- If your film is in a language other than Czech or English, the screener must be provided with Czech or English subtitles.
- Only online screeners are accepted as preview screeners for pre-selection. DVD, Blu-ray and other formats are not accepted.
- An online screener must be valid (with the same password) until June 10, 2024. If the link or password has to be changed, please send the new online screener info to [email protected].
- Please clearly indicate if the submitted screener is the final version or a work-in-progress.
The film you wish to enter must meet the following general requirements
- The submitted film must be world, international or European premiere in order to be considered for the program.
- Production of the submitted film must have been completed within the twelve months prior to the starting date of the festival.
- Submitted films must not have been released anywhere in any form (including festival screenings, DVD release, or television or internet broadcast) more than twelve months prior to the starting date of the festival.
- All films must be at least 60 minutes long to qualify for submission. The festival does not accept submissions of short and medium-length films (up to 60 minutes). In addition, any film that is solely promotional, educational, or scientific in nature is not eligible for selection by the festival.
Film selection for the program of the 58th Karlovy Vary IFF
You will be informed about the final decision of the Selection Committee by the beginning of June 2024 at the latest.
The Selection Committee is led by artistic director Karel Och. The selection committee's members are program coordinator Anna Kořínek and programmers Sandra Hezinová, Petra Vočadlová, Natálie Kozáková a Vojtěch Kočárník.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at [email protected].