Media services may be used only by holders of Press accreditation.
Accreditation is presented against confirmation of payment of the accreditation fee in the amount of CZK 3,000. This fee may be paid in cash or using a payment card at the Cash Desk in the Hotel Thermal’s accreditation hall.
What you get with Press accreditation
- Free admission to Press & Industry screenings, to festival spaces marked “Press” (such as the Press Center), and to press conferences
- Possibility of reserving tickets using the KVIFF Vodafone Guide app – up to 3 tickets a day for 3 different screenings
- A catalogue, program guide, program of Press & Industry screenings, and other informational and PR materials
Holders of Press accreditation may make use of the following services:
Open daily throughout the festival from 9am to 9pm on the 1st floor of the Thermal Hotel.
Feel free to come to the press department should you have any questions regarding your accreditation, information about the festival or setting up interviews with festival guests.
Contact us at [email protected].
Open daily throughout the festival from 8am to 10pm on the 1st floor of the Thermal Hotel.
Technical facilities for working at the festival
- laptops with internet access
- connectors for your own laptop
- copy machine
- information on using other services
Assistance with other service
- information on events and changes at the festival
- acceptance of requests for individual interviews
- inclusion on the mailing list for newsletters and the SMS service
- mediating contact with other festival departments
- distribution of press releases and press kits
We offer accredited journalists a free SMS service to provide up-to-date information on events during the festival (changes to press screenings, press conferences, accompanying events, arrivals of film stars, etc.).
Indicate on the accreditation form whether or not you wish to receive the text messaging service, or send a request to [email protected] (provide your mobile phone number and state whether you wish to receive the text messages in Czech or English), or come to the press centre in Karlovy Vary in person.
If you want to be certain you don’t miss out on any news, press releases or important notices, sign up for the newsletter at [email protected] or mark the relevant column on the online accreditation form.
- in the Congress Hall on the first floor of the Thermal Hotel (the organisers reserve the right to make changes); access requires a Press accreditation card
- simultaneously translated; headphones will be available at the entrance, technicians will be on hand in the hall to help connect recording devices
- the tentative program will be available in the Press Conferences section and during the course of the festival in the Press Centre (the program is continuously updated through the daily plans
- in order to avoid frequency overlap and reception interference at press conferences it is necessary to minimise the number of extraneous wireless microphones on the conference table. We ask that you please make use of the audio distribution equipment available in the press hall (a Canon XLR connector is required for access)
HD photographs and HD videos
Journalists can use photographs free of charge. Images relating to the current program can be found in our various news updates. When publishing official photographs and videos from the festival, always credit the source as “Film Servis Festival Karlovy Vary.”
Photographs from past festivals can be found here.
High-resolution videos available free for download consist of an edited compilation of the most interesting moments of the previous day – our daily highlights. These video summaries of the previous day’s events are added to the festival’s website and KVIFF.TV every morning starting July 1, 2023. All other videos can be embedded straight from KVIFF.TV. In order to place a video on your site, simply click the “Share” button.
Videos from past festivals can be found in our Gallery.
In addition to the public and Press & Industry screenings, you can also take advantage of the services of the video library
- the video library is located on the first floor of the Thermal Hotel
- free entry with press accreditation
- in addition to the selected festival films the library also has excerpts from the Works in Progress and Eurimages Lab projects
- you can make a reservation for up to 3 hours for the same or the following day
- reservations will be cancelled 10 minutes after the arranged time
Interviews, press junkets, KVIFF TALKS
Requests for individual interviews with festival guests or organisers are accepted:
- via [email protected]
- at the press centre
- in the press department
Filling out a request does not automatically ensure an individual interview or participation in a round table. All requests for interviews will be processed and we will inform you in advance of their feasibility. We would point out that individual interviews may be limited and will be organised in some cases in “round table” format.
Another opportunity for meeting guests is though the KVIFF TALKS.
The festival program on site will be accompanied by an extensive online coverage through the official festival television channel KVIFF.TV LIVE. The platform will bring live broadcasts, news coverage, interviews with filmmakers and originals programs.
You can easily embed all video content into your online articles using the "share button" next to each video.
Video and audio service
The press department and the press centre staff will be happy to help you with the following requests:
- use of audio and visual materials from the festival
- distribution of film teasers
Contact us at: [email protected] / +420 721 947 355
Photographers have designated times and locations for shooting:
- before the start of a press conference
- before the festival opening and closing ceremonies
- during the festival opening and closing ceremonies in the first row of the Grand Hall at the Thermal Hotel
- on the red carpet at the entrance to the Grand Hall at the Thermal Hotel
Photographers can be informed of the arrival of select guests through the SMS service.