Docs in Progress 2019
Producers and directors from the countries of Central and Eastern Europe, the Balkans,
the former Soviet Union, the Middle East and North Africa come to this event to introduce new documentary films that will premiere after the Karlovy Vary IFF.
Submissions are now open.The deadline for submissions is May 15, 2019.
Docs in Progress 2019 will take place on Tuesday, July 2
Producers have up to 10 minutes to present each project, including excerpts from the film. Following a panel discussion, we assist interested visitors of the Docs in Progress programme to set up individual meetings with the presenters to get more information about their projects.
The most promising project of Docs in Progress 2019 will receive a cash award in a total value of 5 000 EUR.
A maximum 10 films will be presented from the following countries:
Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Egypt, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Moldavia, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Syria, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, the United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan and Yemen.
Do you want to participate in Docs in Progress 2019?
Producers and directors interested in having their film included in Docs in Progress 2019 must apply by no later than Wednesday, May 15, 2019.
Your film must meet the following requirements:
- the film must be in late stage of production, post-production or just finished and should aim for the premiere by the end of 2018
- the film must be over 60 minutes in length
- the film must not yet have an international sales agent
- the project must not have been presented at an event featuring documentary films nearing completion (but it might have participated in training programmes or at pitchings etc.)
- chosen participants will provide a video clip of max. 6 minutes which must combine multiple scenes from the film (at least two) of which one scene must not be shorter than 3 minutes. The submitted video clip must include English subtitles and will be presented without intermissions.
- excerpts which will be presented in Karlovy Vary must be submitted in the required format via an online storage site by no later than June 10, 2019
To entry your project, please fill THIS Submission Form and attach these materials:
- a link (Vimeo or YouTube) to a one short scene/sequence of max. 5 minutes
- a link (Vimeo or YouTube) to a rough-cut footage of max. 20 minutes
Excerpts provided with English subtitles insert as a link (YouTube nebo Vimeo) straight into the Submission Form.
Please submit your film as soon as possible. The KVIFF selection committee will announce its decision at the beginning of June. If your film is selected, you will receive detailed information about the presentation and about your stay at the festival.