Works in Development – Feature Launch
Karlovy Vary International Film Festival has partnered closely with the MIDPOINT script and project development program as well as When East Meets West co-production market and Trieste Film Festival. Together they will showcase nine projects from Central and Eastern Europe at this year’s edition of KVIFF. These projects have gone through development within the Feature Launch 2018 program and are ready for co-production.
Works in Development – Feature Launch 2018 will take place at 11am Monday, July 2
Teams of writers, directors and producers have up to seven minutes to present each project, including visuals. Following the project presentation, we assist interested visitors of the Works in Development – Feature Launch to set up individual meetings with the teams to get more information about their projects.
The nine Feature Launch projects are:
- Balaur, Octav Chelaru, Livia Rădulescu, Romania
- Brazil, Thelyia Petraki, Kostas Tagalakis, Greece
- Clouds on Leashes, Gunel Eva, Maria Ibrahimova, Azerbaijan
- Erasing Frank, Gábor Fabricius, Miklós Havas, Hungary
- Homeward, Nariman Aliev, Marysia Nikitiuk, Vladimir Yatsenko, Ukraine
- Leave No Traces, Jan P. Matuszyński, Kaja Krawczyk-Wnuk, Leszek Bodzak, Poland
- The Myth of a Real Man, Lee Filipovski, Adi Dizdarević, Serbia
- Sirin, Claudia Bottino, Veliša Popović, Senad Šahmanović, Montenegro
- The Ugly Mandarine, Piaoyu Xie, Veronika Kührová, Czech Republic
Detailed information about Feature Launch projects can be downloaded in a format of Pitchbook.
Connecting cottbus Award
A selected project from MIDPOINT Feature Launch will be granted the opportunity to pitch at Connecting Cottbus, the East-West co-production market during the FilmFestival Cottbus.
Rotterdam Lab Award
Art Department Masterclass Award
The Art Department Masterclass award will enable participants of one Feature Launch project to work on the production design of their project with upcoming European art directors within the framework of a practical assignment workshop this autumn.